Landscaping is one of the most important things you can do to your house to increase the curb appeal and value. However, there is plenty of landscaping “don’t’s” that many people fail to realize. Here, then, is our list of do’s and don’t’s of landscaping.
- Don’t have too much landscaping. Too much landscaping can make your house look smaller than it really is.
- Do plan for equipment needs. If you don’t have all of the equipment that you need for the landscaping job you want to do, be sure to reserve your tools ahead of time at your nearest retailer.
- Don’t plant too much of the same thing. Not only does it make the home look tired and played, when the plant dies out it will make the home look barren. Instead, opt for a series of different plants with different looks.
- Do consider your home’s colors when beginning a landscaping project, and consider adding accents to the colors with your landscaping tasks. A splash of color can go a long way in dressing up the home.
- Don’t get too formal with the landscaping, especially with a home that’s a little less formal. It’s very difficult to maintain a formal landscape, especially if you don’t have the time for it, and if you fail to keep it up, it can quickly look messy and dilapidated.
- Do remember to put the right plant in the right spot. Take heed to what each plant requires for its care (lots of sun, lots of shade), and plant them accordingly.